Ladybug

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Lent is here - 46 days to go.

And so it begins.  I must have checked Facebook 50 times last night.  Ridiculousness.  I deleted it from my phone so I wouldn't see the little notification numbers taunting me.  That should help.  I did decide that reading blogs shouldn't be included.  I get so much inspiration from all of you that it seems to defeat the purpose.  So, no Facebook and other "time suckers", but blogs are okay.  I don't have that many to read anymore anyway.  I hope to find some fun bloggers out there that I'm missing out on!

I had a scale frustration moment this morning.  It continues to move up and down, but mostly up and it insists that I'm the exact same weight as I was at the beginning of the year.  It seems crazy for the amount of hard I have worked.  But again this morning at CrossFit, a friend was standing behind me during the workout and she came up to me and said that it looks like I had lost weight.  I told her that was very nice to hear because the scale wasn't budging.  That is the second time this week someone has mentioned something.  I look forward to measuring this weekend to see if there has been any additional movement there. 

My true goal is to be smaller, so I would rather have measurement losses than scale losses.  It is just frustrating.  My freshly washed and dried jeans felt bigger yesterday and my tight workout pants no longer feel like sausage casings.  So hopefully I'm not just deluding myself. 

On Fridays during Lent, it is customary in the Catholic faith to give up meat.  This also applies on Ash Wednesday.  I have gone back and forth in my head about what is appropriate and what isn't.  Meaning, I don't think it is appropriate for me (with my particular issues) to give up meat for the day if I'm going to eat a 2,000 calorie meal from Long John Silver.  The point is sacrifice, not indulgence.  I really wish I could stomach tuna.

Today's food plan:
Breakfast:  Coffee with cream.  2 hard boiled eggs and 2 Babybels.
Lunch:  Asparagus and Mushroom Fritatta (2 servings with no sides)  If I'm really hungry, I can have a serving of mixed nuts
Snack:  Apple & Nut Butter
Dinner:  TBD  I will absolutely log everything and I will let you know where I ended up tomorrow!!

Today's fitness plan:
Completed!!  CrossFit this morning.  Warm up.  15:00 OTM Deadlifts (125#).  I probably should have gone a little heavier, but I really don't want to strain anything and it wasn't light or anything.  Then 7:00 OTM:  5 Power Snatches (55#) and 5 Box Jumps (12").

12" is the smallest box they have.  I swear I get worse at these things instead of better.  Today I actually wiped out on this teeny tiny box.  Luckily I caught myself so I didn't hit my face or anything.  I swear that I was using the 14" box when I first started.  But then again I weighed 15-20 pounds less.  Extra weight has consequences.

Bottom line is that I'm feeling good and ready to face and conquer my commitments.  Lent is traditionally 40 days because Sundays are not included.  However, with my commitment, particularly the food logging, it has to be all or nothing.  So today is Day 1 of 46.  Let's do this!

Hugs!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You can totally do without FB- although I'll miss you, I admit! :) But at least we can connect here. I made sure to comment today so you don't feel so "disconnected."

I'm going to TRY to go vegetarian EXCEPT I AM EATING FISH. So no chicken. No red meat. No pork. I didn't write that on my blog because I'm not sure how well I'm going to do.... We'll see! :)

Have a great day! Are you going to service today at church?

Sarah
www.thinfluenced.com