2. I was starting plans for my 40th birthday trip to New Orleans last night. As you may or may not know, I LOVE to travel and to plan travel. I put together itineraries and everything. However, I think you need to be flexible when it comes to changing the schedule if needed or wanted. There is no place for stress in vacation!! The reason I like to have plans is for two reasons:
- I don't like sitting around looking at each other saying "what do you want to do?" "I don't know, what do you want to do?" I want to have a plan! Basically you have something to do unless something better comes up!
- I don't like missing out on things. For instance, if there is something you really want to do and you don't plan ahead, they might sell out. A little prior planning can avoid that.
- BUT...you don't want to over plan. In my opinion, you make room for the things you REALLY want to do, then have other things penciled in that can be changed at the last minute. So if something awesome comes up, you do that!
4. My scale is mean.
5. I did fit into an old size 12 pair of Levi's last night. That felt awesome! Until I tried the others and they are all still too little. These are still a little too tight too, but I'm making progress at least!! (Man, my room looks messy. I need to hide that better when I take pictures!!)
6. I was trying to think of ways to stay on track this weekend. I miss my friend Debi, so we are going to meet for a walk to catch up and then have a healthy lunch. Mostly, I just need to keep myself busy to avoid going off the rails. This seems like a healthy and fun way to spend the day!
7. I have another play on Sunday. Fortress of Solitude. I know nothing about it except for it does not appear to be about Superman like I originally thought.
8. CrossFit was good today although I'm still not feeling strong.
- 6 sets of 3 reps - Clean Pulls. This is basically the first move in a Clean. So you load up the bar and get used to pulling up that heavy weight. I used 115#.
- 4 sets of 15 reps - Dumbbell Rows. I used 25# weights and I think I could have gone heavier. I guess using dumbbells in my lunch workouts is making a difference!
- 500m Row followed by 30 Cleans. Cleans are the Olympic weightlifting move that takes the bar from the floor to your shoulders. 30 is a lot. I struggled with 65# but I got them done. Overall time was 6:54. Exhausting.
Breakfast - coffee with cream. Pico & feta fritatta. Babybel.
Lunch - crock pot pork chops
Snack - roast beef & laughing cow (I've noticed that since our fridge broke and I have to keep my snack food across the office, I tend to eat mixed nuts instead of going and getting my snack as planned. How lazy is that?)
Dinner - I finally get to eat the casserole BFF made. My original leftovers got destroyed in the fridge death, but she had another serving for me. Now I just need to remember to take it home!
10. I built my entire outfit today around my shoes. I bought them in Vancouver last Spring but hadn't really had anything to wear them with, but I made myself figure something out. They are too cute to sit in the closet!