Ladybug

Friday, March 18, 2011

BYOC

It’s BYOC Friday – Bring Your Own Crazy! Five little questions – some funny, some serious – that you can copy and paste to your blog. We do this in an effort to get to know each other better and to give our blogging brains a break! Enjoy!

1. Regardless of what stage you are in - in your weight loss, get healthy journey – do you still consider yourself “fat”? Was there a point when you stopped feeling that way?


 I have lost 85 pounds and have gone from a super tight 22/24 W to a perfectly fitting regular size 14.  I totally still consider myself fat.  In all fairness, I’m still clinically obese, so from an objective standpoint, I am fat.  I am starting to really see the changes, so I hope to someday not have this feeling anymore.  Regardless, I feel better and I can do more.  So far, so good!

2. Tell us about your first kiss.

  Oh Lordy.  It was the summer between 7th & 8th grade and my parents got us a room at the Executive Inn so we could have a “staycation” and play in the pool.  I met a boy from the neighboring state who was about 3 years older than me and we pretty much spent the entire day kissing.  Ha!  We abruptly left the hotel later that day and I’m guessing I know why.  HAHA!   

3. Describe your parenting style (either current or what you hope to do or what you would do if you ever had kids)?

•  I can’t imagine havingkids at this point but if I did…  I would like to think that I would be the type of parent that is present for her children.  I wouldn’t want to completely lose all aspects of my life now, but I would want that child to know that they are important and totally loved.  I would want to be a parent to them and not a friend.  I would want them to be able to come to me with anything but also understand that actions have consequences. 

4. How would your best friend describe you?

  I wasn’t really sure how to answer this question and I was a little curious, so I asked my BFF.  She first asked if I needed it asap because she wanted to get it right. 
J  Here is what she said:
She is smart, funny and adventurous.  No matter the journey we always seem to have fun.  She enjoys travel, sports, theater and spending time with her family (just to name a few).  She is goal oriented and career driven.  She leads by example and is encouraging.  Friendships are very important to her and she’s very loyal.  She’s an inspiring cook some days, a fashionista other days, and can sit back and enjoy good television or read a fascinating book.  There’s isn’t a situation in Beth’s life that she will not embrace, conquer and learn from no matter good or bad.

I believe her perfect day would go something like this…….she would live in London, with her family nearby, passport up-to-date, next door to her favorite theater sitting next to a handsome smart man wearing adorable earrings and the cutest shoes thinking about the basketball (or football or Nascar) game she’ll watch when she gets home.
I’m not going to lie.  I had a few tears while reading this just because it is so nice to have someone know you so well (and still love you).  I have had some good friends and some not-so-good friends throughout my life.  But I have never had anybody like BFF and I’m so thankful she is part of my world.

5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in blog land and in real life.
Blogland – the two world collide this weekend as I meet Ronnie, trisha & Kecia on Sunday.  YAY!  It’s no secret that I love, love, love my new blog page.  :)
Real World – I’m loving my short hair and I’m eager to see how the tweaking my stylist does this weekend will make it look.  I’m looking forward to a get together with my college sorority sisters who I haven’t seen in 15 years next weekend!  Life is good.  So good!

HUGS!!

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

Aww, what a great best friend. :) We can't wait to meet you!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Love #4! Sooo nice!

Theresa said...

Very nice!

Read said...

Great answers and I love love love #4 - how totally lovely!