Ladybug

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My New Challenge

I wasn't sure what I was going to post today.  I know that I'm excited to be ONE LITTLE POUND from the smallest I have ever been (1999).  I'm working on a reward for myself that I CAN'T WAIT to share with you.  But it is a surprise!!

Then I started chatting a bit with Debi and Amanda today and realized that isn't good enough.  I want more.  I want to get to my high school graduation weight and I want to do it by the time I visit my parents at Easter.

So I have 6 weeks to lose 13 pounds.  Obviously, it CAN be done.  But can I do it?  Here's my thinking... I'm already giving up chocolate during that time period, so I might as well dig in and make it a "Swing for the Fences - 6 Week Challenge".  Why not, right?  I don't know if I can do this, but one thing I do know is that I certainly WON'T if I don't TRY.

So, 13 pounds in 6 weeks means 2.2 pounds per week which means 7,595 calorie deficit per week or 1,085 per day.  That is doable!  My average calorie burn per day is currently 2,500.  I'm going to try and increase that to 2,700 but I'm still trying to decide how.  And I'm going to try and limit my calories consumed to 1,500 per day.  This is going to be my weakness for sure!!

I'm going to need some cheerleaders!  :)

HUGS!

9 comments:

Dawnya said...

You can do it Beth Ann. You have a huge cheerleading squad online. Your parents are going to be so shocked when they see you.

Bonnie said...

Totally cheering you on.

Amanda said...

you can so totally do it. Adding a little bit more exercise and less calories! Plan plan plan those meals. I find that helps! Look at me. I am giving you advice when I need to be taking it!

I want 12 lbs in 5 weeks like I was saying 2.5 lbs a week almost. This week is the first week I've lost more then 2...tight squeeze but I'm gonna try!! YAY

Debi said...

Ooh!! Love the name "Swing for the Fences" .. very nice :)

My current self challenge has 4 weeks left and 8 pounds to go!

Goooooooooooooooooooooooo Beth!!!!!

Leslie said...

You can so do this!!! Woo Hoo!!

Stacey said...

You got it! You can do this!

Anonymous said...

Completely doable with your determination :-D go for it!

Laura Belle said...

oh, you got this made girl! Just keep tracking your food and get your workout on and you'll be golden!

nikki said...

So, I'm here to sign up for the cheerleader position! :) Great goal and focus...you've got this!!!