Ladybug

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Dreams, Chocolate and Interesting Dinners

Dreams
I had a dream that BFF, our friend Bike Guy, and I were standing in a field for some reason.  We were close to home and there were a lot of other people in the field.  I looked up in the sky and there were several helicopters.  One started nose-diving and crashed.  I sensed that another crashed behind me.  Then we see two other-worldly type of helicopters flying extremely low and headed our way.  As they got closer, I got more nervous and all of a sudden they pointed their "guns" on us which were some type of rays.  It didn't hurt but we could feel heat.  I instinctively dropped to the ground and kept yelling at BFF to move.  Then I woke up.  I have no idea what that means, but I dream about aircraft falling out of the sky all the time.  Dreams are odd.

Chocolate
Day #1 of my chocolate standoff went well.  The worst parts were breakfast and not giving in to my sweet tooth craving after dinner.  But I did it.  I wanted just a little something sweet right after dinner, but I didn't eat a thing.  Just my dinner then later a glass of tea and a 1/2 bottle of water.  And Mr. Scale rewarded me this morning.  YAY!  One day at a time.

Interesting Dinner
I've mentioned my monthly dinners (we call them Interesting Dinners) that I have with 6 of my closest girlfriends (one was missing this month).  Four of us started this group in 2004 and we have only missed a handful of months.  I never thought it would last this long, but I truly look forward to it each month.  This month, our newest member KK chose the spot.  We went to Smoke Restaurant at the Belmont hotel in the Oak Cliff area of Dallas.  The menu was unique and I love trying new things!  I got a rum cocktail which was pretty good and definitely STRONG!  I couldn't even finish it since I was driving home.  I also ordered the duck tamales with a fried duck egg.  It was YUMMILICIOUS!!  I should have taken a picture of it because it was a gorgeous presentation too.  I did take a picture of the group though.  These are my lovely friends:
I can tell I'm getting a little better with my self-image because even though I feel I look horribly awkward in this picture and I don't think it is flattering at all...I don't care.  It is still better than all the FAT pictures from last year!  :) 

2 days and counting until the haircut! 

Hugs!

12 comments:

Amanda said...

That sounds like an evening I would like! I love my girls night dinners! I think the picture looks great! I love blazers!

Theresa said...

The pic is really cute! And, the duck tamales sound wonderful! I've heard that when you dream about plane crashes it means you feel out of control....maybe it's the lack of chocolate.

Pamela E. Williams said...

I wish I knew how to interpret dreams. I have always been fascinated with them. Those duck tamales sound divine. And the picture is cute.

Jen from Oregon said...

That sounds like fun. The tamales, not the falling aircraft.
You look great!

Leslie said...

The food sounds amazing!! Yum Yum. I've been wanting to make tamales. Must find a recipe.

You look good in your picture.

tagyourit said...

That sounds really good! Glad you had a great night.

Alison said...

Really cute picture, girls dinners sound great.

Bonnie said...

I have crazy dreams all the time. I've always been a vivid dreamer. The monthly Interesting Dinner looks like so much fun. Unfortunately I can only get together with my friends every 3 months or so, but luckily I have one scheduled for this Saturday and am really looking forward to it.

nikki said...

Pretty, pretty girl :) You look great! These dinners are fabulous...yup, still jealous ;)

Stacey said...

You look great!

Not sure I could do duck tamales. I am pretty tame when it comes to meats.

Amy W. said...

Its funny. By looking at the pictures of you on the side of your blog, it looks like you are short...but next to all your friends..you are taller than all of them!

I think you look great in the picture BTW.

Rhonda said...

You look fantastic! Glad you had fun, can't wait to see the haircut. Have you decided on what you want to do?

Dreams are weird. :( But I'm glad you're doing so well with the no-chocolate thing!