Ladybug

Monday, March 7, 2011

I'm now a Mavericks dancer!!

Okay, not really, but I did dance at the Mavericks halftime show last night!  More about that a little later. 

I'm starting to come down finally from my start-of-the-weekend fabulousness high!  :)  I was waiting all day yesterday for magical things to happen to me since it was MY AMAZING WEEKEND.  They didn't...but it was still a wonderful day.  I thought it was too bad that I didn't get my haircut yesterday because nothing could go wrong during my Magical weekend.  Still haven't decided what I'm going to do about that.  5 days and counting!

So yesterday was a super fun day.  First, I woke up and weighed myself and I was still squarely in Onederland.  Whew!  Then all of our dancers met up an made our way to the American Airlines Center for the 12:30pm practice.  There were 275 Jazzercisers there!  This was our group right before we headed in to practice.
We were all still bright-eyed at that point.  Then we went to the arena floor and figured out all of the logistics of coming onto the floor, where we would stand during the performance and coming off the floor.  We also went through the routine detail by detail.  By 4:00, we were exhausted and ready to eat!  But first we had to get our group picture taken.  The official pic comes later, but this is the casual one we took.  I'm on the tips of my tippy toes!

Notice our fearless leader, 8 month preganant Kristi!  She taught class up until about a week ago.  My freaking hero!  Right in front of me is my BFF (Cori), instructor extrodinaire!  Some of the other ladies in the group I knew well and others I didn't.  We had a fantastic time and I hope to spend more time with them in the future.

We went a grabbed some dinner and then made our way back to the arena for the game.  We watched the first quarter and then went to line up.  The actual performance FLEW by!  But it was so much fun.  You can see a shaky cam video of our performance here.  At one point, I'm in the left side of the screen, just as they show Champ (the mascot) dancing with some of the girls.

All in all, it was a wonderful day and a fun memory!

The best news is that today, my official weigh in day, has me at 199.6! 

Hugs!!

7 comments:

Shannon said...

that looks like so much fun!
what a great way to spend a weekend :)

Amanda said...

How much fun!!!!
Really looks like a lot of fun

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

How freaking cool! AWESOME!

tagyourit said...

WOW that is really cool! I hope you are enjoying onederland!!!!

Stacey said...

That looks like so much fun! I love jazzercise, but haven't done it in a long time. Congrats on getting to onederland! Enjoy. :)

Rhonda said...

Love it! :) You girls look beautiful!

nikki said...

This, this is exciting! What a great experience. As for you missy, you look great! :) And ONEderland - I'm coming to meet you super soon! xoxo (so happy for you)