Ladybug

Monday, March 14, 2011

I don't hate my face! YAY!

So, Saturday was the day of the big haircut...oooohhhhhh!  I took about 10 pictures with me to the stylist of short cuts that had caught my eye.  In my heart, I wanted the super short Natalie Portman cut, but I ended up being slightly too nervous.  Paige cut, cut, cut and in the end asked me how I was doing.  Of course when you get your haircut then styled by someone else, you hate it.  :)  But I was ABSOLUTELY prepared for that.  So, I went home and finished my day.

I woke up on Sunday, showered, blow dried my hair in 90 seconds and got ready.  I LOVED the hair.  The only thing I would change is that it isn't quite short enough on the sides!  I think that she left it long enough for me "to do things with it", but I would rather it just lay flat.  I texted her to move up my next appointment because I told her I wanted it shorter and she is just having me come in next Saturday to clean it up a bit.  YAY!! 

It's funny because I thought I wouldn't really like it.  I thought it would make me look masculine and fatter.  But I actually think I look thinner.  I have a neck.  AND a chin!  Who knew?  I don't know if this just really made me look at myself differently or if it made that much of a difference, but I just don't hate my face.  With makeup, jewelry and a pretty dress (that was too small last summer!), I feel pretty rockin today! 
Of course, I hate the pictures, but I'm not going to let that ruin how I feel about it!  :)

Tonight is support group which is always so AWESOME!  Plus I get to see my friend, Debi

Today is weekly weigh-in day and I have lost 1.2 pounds this week.  I would like more, but that puts me solidly in "good enough" territory.  I would like to have couple of "knock it out of the park" weeks in preparation for my trip to Indianapolis the last weekend in March.  I'm sure there will be drinking and not-so-good eating involved!

Happy Monday, y'all!

Hugs!

14 comments:

Debi said...

Those pictures are great, and I can't wait to see your new look tonight in person!! I am super pumped for tonight as well. And I should be bringing 2 new people with me :) 1 girl is newly banded, and 1 will be this summer.

Debi said...

Oh! And I told my Mom what we are doing on Wednesday and I thought she was going to come through the phone at me. She is SOOOOO jealous! Hahahahahaha :)

tagyourit said...

You look great in the pics! Congrats on the lose and on the cute cute!

Theresa said...

Absolutely adorable!

~Sandi @ This one time at 'band' camp... said...

Love the pics!!!

Leslie said...

You look so great!! I love the cut!!

Lyla said...

Cute, cute haircut!

nikki said...

You are absolutely beautiful, my sweet friend! I love, love, love it! You're glowing ♥ Congrats on your loss this week!

Tori said...

Pictures never do a new haircut justice but yours look pretty fantastic! LOVE the new haircut. I agree that your face looks thinner, it just looks so sleek and classy! Love the darker red color too, very flattering. Way to go getting into the small dress too! YAY! Glad you liked the tortilla soup! It's my fav. I make it as often as the family will let me ...lol.

Amanda said...

I love it. I am a short hair kinda gal myself! Glad you bit the bullet! My cut is on wednesday!

Anonymous said...

Oh it's gorgeous!! You look great. Funny story - I went to the hair dresser with a Natalie Portman photo too, but ended up with my hair around the same length as yours :-)

Rhonda said...

Love it! :)

Mary H. said...

Cute!! What a great summer cut! I wish I were brave enough to go short sometimes...I like the red too!!

Stephanie M. said...

Oooooh, I love it!