Ladybug

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Lent, Moms and Business Casual

Next Wednesday, aka Ash Wednesday, starts the Lenten Season.  I can't remember what I did last year to observe Lent, but I feel sure it was exercise related.  The two years before that, I gave up one night of television per week in favor of reading or doing some other productive task.  I remember how hard that was for me and now I barely watch TV since I'm trying to keep up with all of you awesome women!  This year, in honor of my new dedication to healthy choices, I'm considering the mother of all Lent promises...chocolate abstinence.  I've never considered this before, because (really??) 40 days without chocolate just doesn't seem like something God would want.  Anyway...I just need to make sure that I'm ready to do that and won't give up chocolate only to sabotage myself with Haagen Dazs Dulce de Leche or something.  I have a week to decide.  Do any of you observe Lent?  If so, what do you do?

My mom & I got into a little argumentini this morning.  Not a real argument...just an argumentini.  I love my mom beyond dearly.  Plus, she reads my blog so I can't gripe about her too much.  (Haha...love you, mom!)  Anyway, every morning she asks me how much I weigh.  I HATE IT!  I feel so much pressure!  It is totally self-imposed and I know that, but yesterday I asked her not to do it anymore and she seemed to be on board.  During a lull in the coversation this morning she said that the only reason that she "has to ask" my weight every morning is because I don't volunteer the information.  I had to laugh!  I tried to explain to her that my problem wasn't with her asking before I could tell her.  It's that I didn't want to pressure of "reporting in" every day.    She's kind of annoyed with me now.  :)  One thing I do know is that the second I see a "1" as the first number on the scale...there is no question of who is going to find out first!!

I had a little breakthrough moment this morning.  We usually wear jeans to work, but every once in a while when we want to put on a pretty face for an investor or something, we dress up to business casual.  Today is one of those days.  I have one pair of dress pants, size 16 NY&Co grey pinstripes.  I put them on this morning with a Nine West shirt I have had for several years (which just now fits) and a black NY&Co blazer.  Except for the fact that my pants are too big (I don't think they look too bad though and plus, too big??  super yay!), I felt like $1M.  The feeling has faded since, but it WAS there!  And if it was there for a little bit, it will come back.  I'm really working at this.  The makeup is helping.  I really like how it looks and so far I have been willing to get up the extra 10 minutes I need to do it.  That is a big step for me, people! 

I decided to take a picture for you all and I was kind of annoyed at my reaction upon seeing it.  Pick, pick, pick.  Ugh. I stepped back and took another look and it is a nice picture so I'm posting it.  Baby steps.
Still debating on what to do with my hair.  9 days to decide!

Hugs!!

10 comments:

nikki said...

You look wonderful. Your outfit is cute and that smile, well that smile looks fabulous :)

I pick, pick, pick too. It's really not until I pull out the "former fat pics" and compare side by side, do I really start truly loving my new pics. But as you said, baby steps.

As for your hair. I love the angle foward bob & think it would look good on you as well! I think you would look great brunette with low-lights of auburn and carmels :) Whatever you decide, it will be beautiful and I can't wait to see pictures.

Rhonda said...

No one ever asks how much I weigh. I wish my mama was interested! You do look like a million bucks, you should do a happy dance!

Shannon said...

you look so good! I love those pants too, very nice.
Don't worry to much about your pics. everyone hates how they look in pictures to some degree. Even the size 0 people out there. ( i know my sister in law is one of them)

Debi said...

Love the pic! You look fantastic :)

Maybe you should do a trade off with your Mom. When she asks how much you weigh, you say to her "you first". Hahahaha!

As for the hair, I like it how it is now. I'm not a short hair person though, for girls anyway. That's only my opinion though! It's your hair and you should try whatever you want. That way you will know what it is like. And I agree with Nikki that you would look stunning as a brunette with caramel accents!

~Sandi @ This one time at 'band' camp... said...

You look so hawt!!!

Stacey said...

I love your outfit and your hair as it is. You are looking fan-freaking-tastic!

Bonnie said...

I'm glad you posted it. You look great and so thin!

tagyourit said...

you look great!!!!

The Cozy (not crazy) Coconut said...

I love the outfit - looks fantastic. Don't you just love putting something on that you've not worn in a while and its not just comfortable but too big?? Awesomeness! You do look quite svelte and classy my dear!

Oh and I forgot - I DO practice LENT not b/c its my religion - I just think its a great practice in appreciation and analyzing yourself and what you could do better. I like that it's not a terribly long time - just long enough to really test you. I think I'll give up food this year for Lent. Maybe the scale will start moving again!!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Wow - amazing picture. You look so lean! Shitballs - if someone asked me every morning what I weighed I'm pretty sure I'd throw up from fear or slash their eyes out. LOL

And again - shitballs - Lent. What's a girl like me to give up? Okay okay - I'll stop farting gumdrops. How's that?