Ladybug

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Yoga makes me perky?

I did it again!  I got up this morning and did yoga.  Again!  I would like a medal, please.  :)  I felt SO good all day yesterday and I'm testing whether that was the yoga.  So far I'm feeling pretty perky!

At lunch yesterday, I worked out in the gym downstairs.  I usually run 2 miles at a 4.5-4.7 mph pace.  I walked long enough to get my iPod settled (20-30 seconds or so?) then I ran to the 3/4 mile mark at 4.8 mph, then a full mile at 5 mph, then finished the last 1/4 mile at 4.8.  Ended up at 2 miles in 25:00.  YAY #1 - my first 12 minute mile!!  YAY #2 - my fastest 2 miles beating my best time by 26 seconds!

Was it the yoga?  Or perhaps was it Cute Gymboy (not to be confused with Gym Boyfriend) flexing his muscles at me the whole time.  Seriously...this guy walks in, gets on the treadmill next to me, sprints for about 60-90 seconds, gets off and walks to the other side of the gym.  Our gym is separated into two parts, the treadmill/ellyptical side and the weights side.  You can only see a very small portion of each side from the other.  This guy decides to stand in the absolute ONLY spot he could stand on the weight side and still be in my line of sight.  Squating and lifting, standing around, looking hot.  I'm not complaining.  :)

After work, I went to tan, and there the cute little teenager at the desk SQUEALED when I walked in and said that she would LOVE to be able to pull off a short cut like me.  ::pause, blink, blink::  HAHAHAHAHA!!  Insecure little me, "pulling off the short cut".  It makes me laugh.  But what the hell!  I guess enough people have told me.  I should start believing it!

I'm psyching myself up for a lunch workout and Jazzercise tonight.  I know I can do it, I just want to be in a good mood for it.  :) 

Also, one of my closest friends is having knee surgery today and my dad is having knew surgery tomorrow.  I'm praying that they both go off without a hitch and that they get some much needed relief. 

Random alert:  Sugar Daddys rule!  I got some at the beginning of Lent to have when I'm having my chocolate cravings.  Best idea ever!!

HUGS!

12 comments:

Theresa said...

Good for you! And...yes, Sugar Daddy's do RULE!

Amanda said...

Number one! I am sorry I haven't been in touch with you this week!! I have a major cold that is bumming me out! 2nd...you know how I feel about yoga! Lurves it. 3rd of course you can pull off a short cut! We all knew that lady! 4th..cute gym boys rock. I really have none..and if there are some there when I am then I knew they when they were kids and that makes them un-attractive! :)

Leslie said...

I really need to do yoga!! Must dust of my dvd and pull it out. Yell at me if I haven't doen it by this weekend, okay? LOL.

Laura Belle said...

OK, you're again inspiration for me to get my lazy ass out of bed tomorrow morning. Thanks!

Rhonda said...

12 minute mile? Awesome! And you should ask Cute Gymboy out!

Sending good OR vibes for your loved ones. :)

Liz said...

If yoga makes you perky, then I DEFINITELY made the right choice to try it!!!

You rock!

Stacey said...

I love me some yoga. I have several DVDs at home that I love. I wish I could do them in the mornings but hubby is still sleeping when I leave and he would probably shoot me if I popped in a DVD. Livingroom is off because my mother sleeps in there. I could go in the backyard...hmmm maybe I could run an extension cable for a TV. That wouldn't be too weird would it? haha

Sarah said...

Yoga AND a 12 minute mile?!?!? You seriously REEK of AWESOMENESS! Rub up against me? Please!? lol Okay, fine, don't---that might be weird anyway, but I want a cup of what you're having! :)

In all seriousness, that's fantastic! And you look good and rock the haircut nicely. It does look really nice on you with your cheekbones. And your awesomeness.

Mostly the awesomeness. :)

Have a great day!

Sarah

adorkbl said...

congrats on the running!!! WTG.

nikki said...

Look at you rocking an awesome run all while scoping out a hottie; suh-weet! I still haven't jumped on the yoga train....I'm still scared, lol. Your cut looks won.der.ful!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Holy crap - this post is chock full of GOOD SHIT! I'm so happy for you - love it. And holy crap you kick ass - yoga in the morning? WOWSER. Keep it up! And thank you for the comments this week...seriously...they mean a lot to me.

Band Geek said...

When I first read the title of this blog entry, I read it as "Yogurt makes me perky?" and I was very intrigued! I wanted to know some new info about yogurt... and then I kept reading. haha So... sounds like the yoga is a good morning activity for you! Keep it up!