Ladybug

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Fine tuning my plan to meet my Challenge.

Day #8 of no chocolate.  I'm finding it MUCH easier.  Plus, now that I'm doing my Swing for the Fences Challenge, it is somehow making it even easier.  I had one of the best "plan" days that I've ever had yesterday.  I won't know my final calorie burn until tomorrow, but my food choices were great!  For me, anyway.

I typically work out during lunch twice a week.  I have found that not only does it help to burn more calories exercising, it is easier to provide myself with a low calorie satisfying meal when I bring it from home.  If you all knew me pre-surgery, you wouldn't know who I am right now.  I wouldn't miss going out to lunch for anything back then!  Before, it was my only social contact so I didn't want to not go.  But now replacing it with working out, is not such a big deal to me.

Yesterday, my godmother (who also works with me) and I walked around the lake by our office.  She & I work out together every Tuesday.  We decided that for my 6 week program, we would add Thursdays to our lunch workouts.  So that means that Tuesday-Thursday for most of the next 6 weeks, I will be working out and eating good, lo-cal meals at lunch.  That will really help with my challenge!

I would like to also add yoga in the mornings.  I just have such issues getting up earlier.  But I'm tentatively wanting to layer it in next week.  Of course, I have said that to myself about 15 times during the last year...  If I could get myself used to getting up a little earlier for yoga now, by the time it is light in the mornings, I'm hoping that I can get myself to run.  Baby steps...

Today is a perfect day for me to focus on my food choices.  I am not working out AT ALL which is unusual for me.  I'm meeting a friend for lunch and Debi and I are going to see Tommy Tune tonight.  I need to learn how to make the right choices without relying on reaching my calorie deficit through exercise alone.  Food is my nemesis and I will conquer it!  At least for 6 weeks.  :)


Hugs!!

11 comments:

Rhonda said...

Eek, sorry I missed your last blog, but I'm excited for you with your challenge! You can do it! :) 13 lbs will be no sweat.

And I'm so proud of you for doing SO well with the no chocolate, I haven't cheated once either with no red meat. (FINGERS CROSSED) We rock!

I think yoga in the morning would be awesome, very calming. Nice to get into a "zen" place before a hectic work day. :)

Lyla said...

Great job on the no chocolate. It does get easier-- you've already done the hard work by weaning off :)

Yoga is pretty fantastic, I've gotta say. I know what you mean about getting up earlier though-- it is the hardest thing for me.

Leslie said...

You are doing such a great job. I've been thinking about doing my yoga video after my internship tonight, I just need to get my lazy butt off the couch once I get home. LOL.

I should walk during my lunch...at least when it's nice out. Get a good 15 or 20 mins in at least.

I totally need to copy you with this swing for the fences challenge.

Laura Belle said...

I can't believe you've gone 8 days without chocolate! Chocolate and I are buddy-buddy. I don't have the will-power to hurt it's feelings by giving it up. But way to go for you!

I got up this morning and worked out! Finally. So, we'll just keep each other on track for morning workouts!

Debi said...

I'm excited for tonight too! And I'm am totally with you on the getting up earlier in the morning. I need to look for that yoga show you told me about to DVR and maybe I'll get motivated too!

nikki said...

I wish I had your motivation to workout during lunch and even get up early to do something. You have a great game plan in place and you will reach your 6-weeks goal, no problemo! :)

Have fun tonight!!

tagyourit said...

Great job! I love taking Lunch time walks around the office. It gets my workout done and out of the way so I can enjoy the rest of the day.

Stacey said...

Great job staying away from the chocolate! I am still battling the big bowl they decided to put on my desk! :)

Mary H. said...

I wish walking during my lunch hour was always an option. During Fall/Spring a leisurely walk is OK, but nothing too aggressive or else I'd be a sweaty mess. In the summer time, it's MAJORLY hot here in the south, so I would be a HUGE sweaty mess. Getting into a morning routine is hard! I totally understand. I have found that "talking through" my plans on my blog has helped me a lot, so hopefully it'll do the same for you! Keep up the good work! :)

Amanda said...

Gosh I would love to take a morning yoga class! I think it would make my whole day feel great! Currently I do two early morning days!
You are going to kick major butt with this challenge. You seem so motivated.

Jen from Oregon said...

I'll bet you make that goal!
Love the haircut too BTW.