Ladybug

Monday, March 28, 2011

What a Weekend!

Where to begin...  When I posted on Friday, I was completely out of sorts.  I'm not even sure if it all made sense.  I had spent the day with Lizard, her family and our friends and it was such a roller coaster of emotions.  I already had all these plans in place to go to Indianapolis to see my sorority sisters and I decided that I needed to go.

On the plane, I was exhausted and very down.  But I told myself that if I was going to do this that I wasn't going to mope.  The sadness that day was not about me and I needed to shake it off and enjoy myself.  By the time I landed, got the rental and made my way to the hotel, it was 8pm.  I met my friends around 8:30pm at a tapas restaurant.  It was delicious!  The drinks were excellent!  And the company was perfect!  Just what I needed.


After dinner, we made our way to the downtown bars.  The NCAA tournament was in town along with a Fire Fighter convention.  It was packed!  Our first bar choice had a huge line and it was 36 degrees outside.  We quickly decided to go to an Irish pub we had passed on the corner.  I'm so glad we did.  We were the last ones to get in as a line started forming behind us.  We went to the bar and got drinks in less than 5 minutes (while a guy said he had been waiting to be served for 30...).  After getting the drinks, a perfect table magically opened up.  The guy to girl ratio was AT LEAST 2 to 1.  We parked there and were there until 2:30AM!  I lost count of how many guys told me I was hot.  HA!  I felt great! 

I woke up the next morning at 8:30am thinking of Lizard.  I couldn't fall back asleep, but I actually didn't feel too bad for 5 hours of sleep.  I met a friend for lunch and we went shopping.  I bought a super cute clutch purse from Nordstom (WAY on sale!) to take out that night.  Then I went back to the hotel to get ready.

I met my sorority sisters at Palomino for dinner and the mood was already electric because the Butler game was going on.  For those of you that don't know, Butler is a small, private school in Indianapolis and they were playing to get into the Final Four!  And they WON!!  YAY!!  There were 14 of us that made it to dinner and it was like we went back in time.  We had such a fun time!
And these are my dear friends that decided that we should get together.

One of my sisters came over after dinner and said that she had no idea who the hot redhead was on the other end!  She had to ask someone.  :)  I had a TON of compliments on my hair, so that was obviously nice.  All in all, I had an amazing weekend and I'm so glad I went.

On the other hand, the scale didn't like it so much.  Today is my weekly weigh in day and instead of losing 2.2 pounds like my goal, I gained 1.2 pounds.  So, I'm currently 3.4 pounds behind on my current Challenge.  But, you know what?  I'm okay with that.  Today, I'm back on the horse.

Tonight is the viewing, so I brought my clothes to work out during lunch.  Tomorrow morning is the funeral, so I already have it in my head that I'm going to run tomorrow afternoon.  I will not let these surprises get me completely off track.  This is the new me and the new me is not satisfied with "fine"...I want more and I will get it!!

HUGS!

11 comments:

Amanda said...

The last picture is so cute with you and your hair! I love how short hairs looks so good with earrings!! This week might be a tough one but you sound focused and it looks like you had a good weekend. Keep smiling!

Theresa said...

Glad you had fun, you look great! What sorority are you in? Just curious, those were wonderful tmes for me. My best friend now, is a sister!

Dawnya said...

I'm glad you had fun. You look great!! Sending my love to Lizard.

Alison said...

Sounds like great fun, you look amazing. Hope that the funeral goes as well as possible.

tagyourit said...

Wow, great times and great pics!

Stacey said...

Looks like you had a great time. I am so glad you were able to enjoy yourself! :)

Lap Band Groupie said...

You look AMAZING! Makes me miss my sorority sisters...what a fun time! So sorry about your loss...Lizard is lucky to have such a great friend by her side through this.

Feeling Bandtastic said...

Thank you so much for all of your supportive comments, it's so nice to know that someone is reading!

Read said...

Sounds and looks like you had a fantastic time!!! And specifically... you look AMAZING!!!

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's husband - I'll be sending prayers her way.

Amanda said...

The LC slim fast...how much protein does it have in it? Do you feel filled up by it? I looked for the Special K ones last night. Just for a switch!

catherine said...

I wouldn't trade my sority sisters for the world. They are the best friends I have in the world still. It looks like you had a blast.