Ladybug

Saturday, March 19, 2011

I love Saturdays.

When last we spoke...I was on my way to Babe's for some Lent Friday fried catfish.  YUM!  Little did I know that Babe's no longer serves catfish?  WTF?  Why would you stop serving your only seafood dish the first week of Lent???  My friends wanted to stay, so I went with the veggie plate.  This veggie plate consisted of salad with vinegrette dressing (not so bad), green beans (probably cooked in lard), corn (drowing in butter), mashed potatoes (no doubt made with whole milk and butter), cream gravy and biscuits.  What a healthy option [insert eyeroll].  So, I did the best I could with what I had and dealt with it.  I have to say that in the past, that would have been my cue to pig out for the rest of the day and I didn't, so that's good news.

After Jazzercise, I headed to Cato to see how far from a 12 I am.  Apparently, not far.  :)  Not only did I buy a size 12 dress...I bought a size 12 pair of jeans!!  I have NEVER fit in a 12 in my life.  I know sizes are bigger these days than they were when I was in high school, but I don't care.  I wouldn't say I'm a 12 yet.  But I'm solidly a 14 and I can fit into some 12s.  Man, this is a good feeling.  I can't even fathom what a 10 is going to feel like!  :)

After Jazzercise this morning, I thought it was such a beautiful day, I should spend some time outside.  My tanning salon is a little over 1/2 a mile from my apartment, so I walked over there and back.  That is a choice I never would have made before. 

I leave in a little while to get the hair cut again...some more.  And tomorrow is lunch with my fellow bloggers.  Fun weekend!!

Hugs!

4 comments:

Fluffy said...

You are rocking it! You will be in that 10 in no time, Congrats. Also, I think your hair is so cute short.

Comment on my blog: I also think there are definite benefits to being single while you are going through this. I was for the most part as well and I think it was a good thing.

I saw that you and a few others were going to get together (at least I think!). I thought I was going to be out of town this weekend, but plans changed. Depending on when and where you guys are meeting, maybe I can join you?

Email: fluffyDOTbandsterATgmail.com

Justawallflower said...

What a wonderful day! You'll be in 10's before you know it! Which, by the way, is my dream size. 12 is my goal. How awesome that you are walking to near by appointments? That is so amazing!

Rhonda said...

Awesome veggie plate, NOT! What the heck? Some restaurants are awesome. At least we'll have some good choices at today. :D Yay! (Sorry, I'm excited. Cuh-razy.)

I wish I had some skinny jeans to wear today! Unfortunately all mine are hanging off of me. =P Wanna lemme wear your 12's? LOL (jk jk)

Stacey said...

Congrats on the 12s!

I love the veggie plate (not)...corn and mashed potatoes as a veggie. Awesome. I can say this because I am a born and bred Texan. Only in Texas would that be the option. :)