Ladybug

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Crawling back on the wagon...

My vacations have been beyond fun and acting like I'm some sort of traveling rich person has been a blast, but now it is back to reality!  A.  I have to save up more money, so I can take more vacations.  B.  I still have more weight to lose before I reach my goal size and vacationing just isn't conducive to reaching that goal!!

I plan to post about my California trip tonight or tomorrow.  BFF took all the pictures, so I have to get them from her tonight.  Needless to say, it was a WONDERFUL trip!!

The first step in getting back on the wagon is assessing where I am at the moment.  I'm quite pleased to say that I lost 1/2 pound while in California.  YAY!  But overall for June, I just held my own.  I guess since I gained 4 pounds during my birthday week, I can live with that.  But I still need to lose the 6 pounds I gained in May and then some.  Additionally, my measurements have pretty much stayed steady since the end of February. 

So, what to do about it...?  I know that the key to my weightloss is fitness.  When I'm working hard on the fitness side, the nutrition side seems to follow.  So, July is all about fitness.  This week I will attend 3 CrossFit classes and 1 Jazzercise class.  Next week will be the same.  The last two weeks of July, I will add in another Jazzercise class.

I'm not going to do anything fancy with the nutrition side of things.  I will shoot for 1500 calories a day, which knowing me will mean more like 1800.  :)  But if I can keep it there, I should be great.  I really wish I could find Jillian (my BodyBugg).  I can't believe I lost her.  I keep thinking she will turn up, but so far, no dice.  I guess July will be a good test of seeing how well I know my body.  Logging my calories consumed is the most important part, so we will see how I do.

My aggressive goal is to lose the 6 pounds I gained in May.  My non-scale goal is to be able to wear a dress I bought in Florida (it is a size 12 and slim cut...has been super snug since I bought it) to see Guys & Dolls on 7/22.  I'm hoping the CrossFit will tighten me up and the dress will look good by then. 

It's good to be back and I'm ready to have a little routine.  Missed you all!!

Hugs!

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Welcome back, you jet setting lady you!

I think you can meet your goals no problem, especially with the addition of your cross fit classes.

wannabe former fatgirl said...

welcome back!

Cat said...

Woo missed you lady! Glad you're back and cannot wait to hear the rundown of the trip to Cali. Your fitness plan sounds like an excellent one and wow, your summer of fun continues. Absolutely love love Guys & Dolls, so jealous (noticing a theme here of my jealousy of your summer of fun??) Hee hee. Great to have you back!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Good girl - back to fitness! You can do it!

Amanda said...

I love that you called me adorable. It makes me smile! Ha!!

Back to fitness...you'll do it! I am so excited to see pictures from your vacation. I swear I am coming with next time!!

Are you going to do the comedy thing on Friday night in Chicago!

Amanda said...

that was a ? not a !