Ladybug

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Keeping the focus.

BodyBugg Stats
Calories Burned:  2393  (257 less than planned)
Calories Consumed:  1523  (377 less than planned)
Calorie Deficit:  870

Steps:  7888  (2112 less than planned)
Physical Activity:  1 hour 1 minute  (1 minute over target...whew!)

The biggest surprise of the day yesterday was that I burn more calories during Jazzercise than I do at CrossFit.  I love that!!  Getting the extra calorie burn at Jazzercise while building my strength at CrossFit makes me feel like I have found a great fitness balance!! 

Before last night's class started, I was talking with Pukey and NotPukey.  NotPukey said that they were talking about me on Saturday that I had a really good pace on my warm up run.  YAY!  You know you have really improved when people actually notice it.  That made me feel good.

We started out with a 400m warm up run.  I didn't do as well as Saturday, I don't think, but I do feel like I'm getting a little stronger with the running. 

Sidenote:  every year at Christmas SIL gives me a calender with all sorts of family pictures.  It is my favorite gift every year and I LOVE that she does it.  This month, July, has pictures from the 5K we did last year.  There is a cute picture of Nephtwo (my second nephew, hence the two...) running.  Another picture is Nephtwo, SIL, & me pre-race.  The last and biggest pic is of me running to the finish line with SIL behind me with her hands in the air doing a victory cheer.  It makes me smile every single day.  In fact, now almost a year later, I'm MORE impressed with what I accomplished that day.  I'm stronger, in better shape and smaller than I was on that day, but still...the thought of running a consistent 3.1 miles sounds hard.  That I did it then is amazing to me.  I want to do the 5K again when I go visit the family in September.  Part of me is scared to death that I won't push myself in the same way, but I'm going for it.

Back to CrossFit...after the warm up, we practiced deadlifts with 65 pounds.  I have a little bit of soreness in my lower back today, so I think I need to work on my form a little.  It isn't a bad pain, but enough to keep it in my mind.  We also practiced our pull ups.  Last time, even with the ginormous rubber band, I wasn't able to get over the bar.  This time, with the band, I was able to string two or three together about 4 times.  It was a great feeling, but I still have A LOT of work to do.

WOD:  400m run, 15 walking lunges, 15 Thrusters (weight above the head 35#), 15 ring rows, 15 KTE (this is a move where you hang from the bar and try to pull up your knees to your elbows.  Knee To Elbow.  I find it extremely hard and barely got in 10 super sad ones.), 400m run.  It was an exhausting workout!  I'm getting stronger though!!

I made some good food choices yesterday.  I avoided the chocolate at work that I wanted.  I had my leftovers again and I'm still not tired of the meat that I grilled on Sunday.  That's good!

The scale is being nice to me.  I am down almost 3 pounds since Monday.  According to my stats, I should be down 1/2 pound, so either I'm losing some water weight that I gained when I started CrossFit or I'm dehydrated.  Who knows.  Anyway, I'm going to walk with Godmother at lunch today and I'm going to Jazzercise tonight. 

One day at a time.  One meal at a time.  One workout at a time.  One good decision at a time.

Hugs!

10 comments:

Theresa said...

You're a super star! I'm really proud of you!

Dawnya said...

You are kicking some serious bootay!!! I'm so proud of you. Keep up the good work...and continue to be an inspiration to me and so many others.

Justawallflower said...

Truly inspiring! I love your workout posts! Keep up the awesome job your doing!

Rhonda said...

Isn't it awesome when the numbers don't add up in a negative (as in losing!) way? Love it. :D

And lol @ NotPukey. hehe

Cat said...

Hi again hero! Haha, I laughed at Pukey and NotPukey too. Beth Ann!! I am so freaking proud of you and what you are accomplishing and how much your mindset is changing along with your body. Keep it up lady!

Laura Belle said...

I agree...I just love these posts! they are so inspiring! you are so inspiring!

(I even looked up some new classes at my gym, just so I have 'classes' to talk about on my blog. I'm just trying to keep up with the Rock Star aka YOU!)

Debi said...

I love the names of the people in your CrossFit class!

I'm so proud of you with the one moment at a time attitude. You are doing great BBF!

Tori said...

You amaze and inspire me :)

Barbara said...

wow .. look at you.. I wish I had that drive (and energy) that is wonderful.. you are very inspiring.. I need to go move my ass now!

~Lisa~ said...

hahahahaha @ pukey and NotPukey!!

I LOVE the mantra, One day at a time. One meal at a time. One workout at a time. One good decision at a time.