Ladybug

Monday, July 25, 2011

Weekend Recap

Friday

I was proud of myself for staying in for lunch on Friday to work out so I could eat cake.  :)  And I did enjoy my cake, although I think I would have been just as happy with half.  Next time I will have to remember to take less and just enjoy each bite.

After work, Lizard & I went to dinner.  We went to Wild Salsas in downtown Dallas.  The decor was very Ed Hardy and it was a trendy place.  I like that the food were right priced and small servings.  You didn't feel compelled to overeat.  The tomatillo salsa was delicious!  The queso was okay, but not the best I've had.  My tamale, was okay, but nothing to write home about.  The cucumber margarita on the other hand?  It (or they...ahem) was fantastic!

After dinner we went to see Guys & Dolls.  It is a musical classic that has held up so well over the years.  The cast did an excellent job and I loved it!! 

Saturday

I was dragging when it was time to get up and go to 8am CrossFit.  I was so paranoid because Bach had mentioned that we would be running A LOT.  I had built that up in my head so much I was almost freaking out.  I saw the WOD posted when I got there and the running was 4 sets of 400m.  A mile in the WOD.  It is a lot, but I had actually prepared myself for worse, so I relaxed.

The warm up was a 400m run and I stayed with the pack for the most part.  We did a lot of squatting during the warm up exercises.  My legs were burning!  Then we learned back squats which is where you put a barbell on your shoulders behind your head and squat and come back up.  I was with the girls so we only did 35# including the bar.  I know I could have done quite a bit more that that.  We had to do 3 sets of 5 back squats and 7-10 pull ups.  Bach said that we could do ring rows instead of pull ups, but I really wanted to try those band pull ups again.  Those are the ones where you loop a giant rubber band around the bar and put your foot in it to give you a little spring action.  The first time I tried it last week, I couldn't get my head above the bar even with the help of the band.  The second time I tried it last week, I was able to string 1-2 together before I had to stop.  Saturday, I could do 5-7 at time!!  I'm continually amazed at the quick progress.

After all that, it was time for the workout of the day (WOD) which was 4 sets: 400m run, 15 burpees or squat thrusts.  I can barely do a burpees, so I did all squat thrusts which still took everything in me.  My "typical" mile run is between 12-13 minutes.  I did this workout in 16:39.  Considering the running it outside and I had to do additional cardio in between the running intervals, I'm satisfied!  I was last of those who finished  but Lately hurt her knee and rowed three of the sets instead of running.  I was doing my last set of squat thrusts as Army Girl & Pukey finished, so I was feeling good about that too.  Only one more week and I will be an official CrossFitter!

Right after class, I went a got a pedi and immediately after that went to get a facial.  My life just sucks, doesn't it?  As soon as the facial was done, I picked up my friend's 15 year old daughter Kit Kat and met some friends to see Harry Potter.  It was a great movie!  I'm a little sad to see it end.  By the time the movie was over and I picked up something to eat, I was done.  I was in bed by 8:30pm and asleep by 10pm!!

Sunday

After church and some grocery shopping (all these errands are exhausting!), it was time to meet Ronnie, Debi, Andrea, & Dawnya for our DFW Blogger Lunch. 
Andrea, Ronnie, Beth Ann, Debi, Dawnya
Andrea is about as precious as they get.  She barely got 5 words in with all of us yakkaty yakkers, but I can tell she is as sweet as pie.  I can't wait to get to know her more.  Andrea, I will see you at the next support group meeting!!

I envy Ronnie's head.  She must have tried on 30 hats yesterday and looked fabulous in almost every single one.  There was one though...I wish I had a picture of the face she made when she tried it on.  Just thinking about it makes me giggle. 

If you read my previous post, you know how I feel about Debi.  :)  She is now officially in charge of the Texas Posse T-shirt project.  (Not it!  Ha!)

Dawnya is cool as hell!!  In addition to being the life of the party, she is a good and kind person.  I love who she is and her candor is refreshing.  That she drove up from Austin to be with us is AWESOME!!  We have already talked about meeting her in the middle next time.

I was in Southlake for 5 HOURS yesterday hanging out with these fine ladies.  One of the stores we visited was called Charming Charlie and it was FANTASTIC!  I'm obviously the shopper of the group.  I had bags all over the place but I think I'm the only one that bought anything.  I am my mother's daughter!!  I bought this cute little jacket at CC.


Andrea won't be able to make it to Chicago which is a big bummer, but I look forward to spending time with everyone else at BOOBs 2.0 (if not before!!)

After my afternoon of superfunness, I went home, did laundry and fixed dinner. This week's grill special is lemon garlic pork loin and kick'n chick'n thighs.  I think I prefer liquid marinade on chicken rather than the dry rub because it gives it more moisture.  I'm sure part of it is the grill master though.  Heh.

It was another busy weekend "at home".  Next weekend is BFF's birthday weekend so I'm sure there will be lots of fun in store for us!  Hope your weekend was safe, happy & fun!!

HUGS!!

8 comments:

Debi said...

WHY can I not be as cute as you are with the clothes! Dawnya said she would help me, but you need to as well. That is as soon as I get some money!!!!!

Shannon said...

sounds like a good weekend. I am so jealous you all got to get together!
Unitl BOOBs!

Amanda said...

My good friend mentioned Charming Charlie just last night! Never heard of it! But the store sounds so great! Sounds like youguys had such a good time! Uber jealous but not of your worksouts! Although you are swimming right through them! Wondering what we will be up to tomorrow in mine! AHHH

Steph said...

I'm glad you all had such a great time!!! Sounds like you all had loads of fun!

Andrea said...

It was so much fun! I'm glad I got to meet you!!! We need to do it again soon. See you next month at group!

Rhonda said...

I love what you paired with the jacket, that looks fabulous! I wish I could have found something I was sure would fit in CC, other than some earrings! Had a blast with all you gals! :)

Laura Belle said...

Congrats on the pull ups! Woot woot!! I love seeing your progress too. I swear, i'm getting closer and closer to signing up for a class. But tonight I'm going to do some push ups and weights. I just want to be as badass as you!!!

So cutey outfit! love it!

Stephanie M. said...

I am so proud of you with the Crossfit - amazing. And I love the pictures.