Ladybug

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Another day on track!

I started feeling guilty yesterday for not working out.  So about 8pm, I got up off the couch and danced around my living room for about 20 minutes then did 50 crunches.  Heh.  My calories in roughly met my calories out yesterday, so that's fine.  I woke up this morning and I am 4 tenths from my lowest so I feel like I'm really making progress.  At least I'm getting rid of the bloat.

Today, I figured out that it is weird "starting over".  For me, the feeling of being truly hungry is very different when I have restriction than when I don't.  When restricted, I don't hardly ever feel truly hungry like I think of it.  Instead, when my body is feeling like it should be fed I start to feel sick.  In fact, I often mistake it for feeling stuck rather than hungry.  I have to realize that if I haven't eaten in several hours...I'm probably hungry, not stuck.  Ha!  Anyway, I had that this morning.  I got busy and forgot to drink my smoothie.  I started having a lot of pain and realized I was hungry.  I had waited so long the liquid drink didn't help and I had to eat a granola bar as well.  Good lesson to keep my body satisfied with little bits and not wait so long in between. 

For lunch, I had to run an errand, so before I left the office I checked out the menu at Baker Bros.  I thought I would pick up a cup of chili.  It is ground beef chili so I figured it would have a lot more calories than what I make for myself.  The nutritional information showed that it had 545 calories.  Not too bad when you consider that it is my entire meal.  However, it had 41 grams of fat!!  What?  That seems insane.  So, instead, I'm trying salad for the first time in a long while.  It has chicken, black beans, corn, tomatoes, and a little bit of cheese.  Instead of dressing I got sides of sour cream and salsa.  Even if I eat every bit (which I won't), it will only be 360 calories and less than 15 grams of fat.  Now that's what I'm talking about!  Tasty too!

Tonight it is back to Jazzercise!  Since I only went once last week because of the storm, I'm really going to have to get it in gear if I'm going to make 150 classes this year! 

It feels good to be on track again.  Still taking it one day at a time!  But once I get a few days under my belt it seems a little easier.  The real test will be how I do this weekend.  :)  One. Day. At. A. Time. 

Hugs!

2 comments:

Debi said...

Love your new picture!!

I'm proud of you :) You are doing great! You are keeping me going right now. I appreciate it ... I am needing it!

Can't wait to see you Monday!

Lap Band Groupie said...

GREAT new pic!!! You're such an inspiration...and good job with the recommittment! It's never too late to get our Band's back on track! -BG