Ladybug

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Flexible or lazy?

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

One beautiful thing that has come from my transition over the last couple of years is that I am much more flexible and I can work through my stress in a more productive way. I have a contract employee that is supposed to work for me 3 days a week. She is wonderful person and capable of doing a fabulous job. However, she is pregnant and very sick...legitimately, ridiculously sick. My heart goes out to her and what is even worse is that with her first baby she was sick through the ENTIRE pregnancy. I just can't even imagine! But in the meantime, the work just isn't getting done and I'm starting to feel the walls closing in.

I took a minute to just stop and evaluate. First, I realized that I was stressing a lot about getting my exercise in. While I DO NOT want to give up on my exercise, I do need to be realistic. I have been working out more lately to offset the extra I eat because of my hunger. I decided that it makes sense to take a lunch hour and go get a fill. I'm not sure why I felt that I should put it off. I eat well over a cup of food at each meal and I'm still quite hungry between meals. Common sense says, time for a fill and that is what I'm going to do. I have to wait until 11/09 because that is first opening, but it is scheduled and that is one thing off the list of stressers.

Second, I am going to have to work some overtime. That's quite okay, but I have to figure out what I'm going to give up to do it. Today, I'm not willing to give up dinner with friends, so I gave up walking at lunch. I will make a concentrated effort to do SOMETHING when I get home. Maybe 100 crunches and 20 pushups? And I will be okay with that and not beat myself up.

I'm still Jazzercising tomorrow and running on Saturday. That is still over 3 hours of exercise for the week, so nothing to sneeze at.

I will also endeavor to make good choices at dinner tonight. I have done quite well with food this week, so far...especially since I have been so hungry.

So, to summarize, I have to find the balance between JUSTIFCATION and FLEXIBILITY. I have a feeling that it is going to be a long lesson.

Sidenote: several people have asked me about Jax. Jax is my Bodybugg. You can learn about it at bodybugg.com. They aren't for everyone, but I have found (as a person who thrives on data) it to be extrememly helpful. Two thoughts...first, the separate display screen isn't necessary to purchase. I haven't used mine since the second week I had it. Second, you will have to log everything you eat to be successful. I never did that before, but I do now. The numbers don't lie and it forces me to truly evaluate myself.

Peace out!! :-)

No comments: