Ladybug

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Running & Interesting Dinner

Yesterday was a good day all around.  I Jazzercised for a full hour, I ate right and ended up with about a 700 calorie deficit for the day, I think.  Not bad.   I just need to focus on each day by itself. 

Today I worked out at lunch.  I ran my fastest 2 miles yet at 25:56 and ended up going 2.6 miles total.  The best part is that I don't feel like I killed myself, you know?  The positive is that I'm definitely getting in better shape.  The negative is that I'm not burning as many calories and I have to continue to push myself.  I'm running the Cowtown 5K on 2/26 and that is just over 2 weeks away. 

My new focus is to take each day by itself.  I wouldn't be me if I didn't continue to have plans and make goals, but I want to truly concentrate on each day and make it count.  I'm confindent that today will be just as good...at least up until 8pm.

Tonight is my monthly Interesting Dinner night.  Since 2004, I have a group of girls that gets together for dinner each month.  We take turns picking where to go and we try to go places that none or few of us have been.  As I was typing this up, my friend in charge of tonight sent out her restaurant choice.  It is an Italian place which is always yummy!  Since I'm at a restriction level that limits my portions, I should be okay regardless. 

The weather forecast in DFW area is calling for sleet and snow again tomorrow.  I'm praying that it is not bad.  I really don't want to stay home again!! 

Hugs!

3 comments:

Lap Band Gal said...

Yay Jazzercise! I should get into running...

Bonnie said...

Congrats on your great running time and doing the 5K. I love the monthly dinner. Sounds like fun. Hope the bad weather stays away.

CHRISTINE said...

Wow I did Jazzercise way back in the day 80's that is. Would love to find a class. Have fun