Ladybug

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Goals are good.

First...Read was so kind to tell me that she received my out of office response yesterday.  It turns out that since I have my work email linked to my blog, anyone who comments will get my out of office response when it is on.  Ha!  Oops...guess I need to work on that.  Anyway, if you got that and wondered why...  :)

I slept without my CPAP machine again last night.  I noticed that my throat hurt a little when I woke up.  I'm so used to breathing humidified air that I think it is bothering my throat a little.  I actually bought a big humidifier that I used when I was recovering from my tonsillectomy, so I might try firing that up tonight to see if it helps.  I had a VERY hard time falling asleep.  I think it was partly because I'm used to having the machine and partly because I slept so late yesterday after the sleep study.  All in all though today, I don't feel any more tired than I have been feeling.  In fact, I feel pretty good today...

Which leads me to my next thought.  I hit a mini-milestone today!  I'm officially the 2nd lowest weight I've been as an adult.  It is kind of complicated but at two different times in my adult life, I dieted down to roughly this weight.  In 2005/6, I weighed 203 and in 1999, I weighed 197.  This morning, I weighed 202.6.  (Sidenote:  at first, I tried really hard to avoid saying my actual weight.  But now I figure, what the hell.  I look good for 200+ pounds!)  Anyway...yay!  2.7 pounds and I'm in Onederland.  3 pounds from that and I will officially be the smallest I have ever been as an adult.

Since I'm feeling so good today, I set some weight goals.  They are kind of aggressive, but I need a push.  I really want to be to my goal weight next year.  My next goal will be to be at 199.9 by 3/5.  That only gives me a little over a week, but I think with a little extra push this weekend I should be able to do it.  I'm usually pretty lax on the weekend which is my biggest problem.  I'm not saying I will be good EVERY weekend, but I WILL be good this weekend. 

I worked out at lunch today.  Since I have my 5K on Saturday, I didn't really want to run again today (since I ran yesterday.)  So, I decided to walk on the treadmill.  I don't like to just walk (or run for that matter) on the treadmill.  I have to come up with some sort of "program" to keep my interest.  Today, I started with 1 minute at a 1 incline.  I would move up 1.0 incline each minute until I got to 15.0.  I walked at 15.0 incline for 2 minutes, then worked my way back down again.  I ended up doing 2 minutes at a few levels so I walked a total of 35 minutes.  It starts off SO easy, but by around incline 12, it starts getting REALLY tough.  I have found that it is a REALLY good low impact workout.  My shirt was DRENCHED! 

I'm meeting a friend at Fuzzy's Tacos for dinner tonight which should be a lot of fun!  Even though I want a margarita, I'm going to pass so I can have some chips & queso.  :)  It's the best!

3 more days until the Cowtown 5K!

Hugs!

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

I didn't know you were a fellow Texan! I'm from McKinney!

Good luck with the 5K! :)

Amanda said...

So close to onederland! Good luck on your 5k this weekend. I totally agree with having to do something on the treadmill...I get so bored with it. I want to run so bad but I'm afraid to try it yet. I will soon though!

nikki said...

We are a week apart on our ONEderland goals; mine is 3/10. We've go this girl! Your goals look fabulous! Keep up the great work and good luck on your 5K!

Unknown said...

I used to do what you did on the treadmill. It keeps things interesting. I have heard (and I don't know if this is really true) that walking at a steep incline is better than running. ;)

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Way to go on the workout!

Liz said...

Good luck on your 5K!