Ladybug

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Feeling much better.

Tuesday, January 18, 2010

Yesterday I was very frustrated with myself, but I'm doing much better today. I realize that I have to take this one day at a time, sometimes one meal at a time. I've always known that, but when I get overwhelmed, I forget. :-)

I didn't have a PERFECT day yesterday. I was unable to work out at lunch like I had wanted. But I ate a reasonable lunch at my desk and I went to Jazzercise where I worked out hard. After Jazzercise, my friend reminded me that we were supposed to meet another friend for dinner. Flexibility, where are you?! I was quite proud of myself for going to a yummy Mexican place and ordering a cup of soup. I also had some chips, but I portioned them out and didn't ask for more. At the end of the day, I had a calorie deficit of 400. Not stellar, but if I did that everyday, I would lose a pound every 9 days or so. That would be 40 pounds in a year which is close to my ultimate goal!

Today, I (again) have to be flexible. I won't be able to work out at lunch because I have to go get an allergy shot. I would put it off, but I'm going out of town W-F and wouldn't be able to get it until next week and I'm already overdue. That's okay though. I have committed to myself that I will do a Zumba Wii class when I get home tonight. That will be difficult for me because I have dinner plans (will make good choices!) and then I have to come home and pack. BUT, our dinners always end early. I have no doubt I will be home by 8pm...8:30pm at the latest. It should only take about 30 minutes to pack and I can work out for 30 minutes and I should still have 30-90 minutes to relax before going to bed.

I've been very proud of myself lately for being productive, but the lazy couch potato in me is lamenting not having all my down time. I have got to get used to not needing all that.

Sidenote: Did anybody watch Heavy on A&E last night? I thought it was a great show and I plan to continue watching. For those that haven't heard of it, it is a documentary about people struggling with weightloss. They follow 2 people each episode over the course of 6 months. It is a "real" show and not a competition or full of gimmicks.

No comments: