Ladybug

Friday, February 11, 2011

Stupid reflux

So, I had another bad acid reflux night.  I was starting to worry that I was too tight.  Things are going SO well!  I eat right at my target calories.  I'm not feeling hungry all the time.  Although I can't eat bread, steak, etc., I only get stuck if I eat too fast or don't chew well.  I "feel" like I'm at my sweet spot.  However, at night I have this horrible reflux.  I don't want to get anything taken out, but continued reflux is not an option.  If I just had it one night, I wouldn't worry about it, but it is happening more often.  The balance has shifted out of favor...  In addition to the reflux, I also have a tight feeling that I mentioned yesterday, that could be hunger...but I'm not really sure.


But now, I'm starting to think that maybe I'm dehydrated.  I did a little research and have found that there is some information out there that says dehydration can contribute to reflux, so I'm going to try a few things before I think about getting any kind of unfill.  First, I'm goint to MAKE myself drink more water.  Pre-band, I would easily drink 100 oz. of water per day.  That was WATER...in addition to Diet Coke and other liquids.  Post-banding, I barely drink any water.  I have a cup of coffee in the morning, tea in the afternoon and tea in the evening. 


I made myself drink over 20 oz of water over the last half hour or so and I'm feeling better.  I'm going to make myself finish the bottle I'm working on which would give me another 4 oz or so before lunch.  After lunch, I'm committing to drinking 32 oz of water before I leave work for the day.  Finally, I will drink 16 oz of water about one hour before I go to bed.  If any of this is because I'm dehydrated, I should know the answer soon.


Also, pre-band, I had acid reflux and my doctor suggested raising the head of the bed a few inches higher than the foot of the bed.  That small bit of added gravity should help things go down as opposed to up, kind of the same theory of people sleeping in a recliner.  So, I'm going to Home Depot this weekend and seeing if I can do my own little DIY project.  :)


If I do these two things, and I continue to have issues, I will go back to the doc.  This is when I wish it were a little easier and more convenient to see my doc.  But I will do whatever I need to do.


On a positive note, I fit into a new sweater today.  When I bought it, I could barely get it over my body.  But it was only about $10 at Ross, so I bought it for a "goal".  Today, it is a little snug right around the belly, but it fits!  YAY!!

Hugs!

5 comments:

Debi said...

Love the sweater! You are so super cute :)

I hope the reflux goes away. I think I've only had it once or twice since being banded. I had it horrible before hand though .. so I totally feel your pain.

Bonnie said...

I agree you should do whatever you can do to get rid of your reflux without getting an unfill. You look so skinny in the picture. Great job.

Kerri said...

You look GREAT!

Read said...

You look great!!!

Barbara said...

Reflux is not fun.. hope it resolves.. and YES you look great love that color on you