Ladybug

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What a day! Souffles & a W.

First and foremost, dear followers, thank you so much for the push.  I'm SO going to BOOBs!!  Kerri, I totally think we should be roomies!  I'll even bring the Blow Pops.  :)  I think I have to register my blog or something...but I'm in!

Second, today was just so much better than yesterday.  We had a big investor meeting at work and everything went very smoothly.  It was the first time I had been involved to this level so I was a bit nervous, but it seems that it was successful.  YAY! 

The only drawback of the day was the return of the acid reflux.  Interestingly, it seems as though it comes on when my stomach is empty.  I guess I'm going to have to call the doc.  But my restriction seems perfect, so I really want to make sure we discuss before I do anything.  I was able to eat a bowl of red beans & rice soup and about 1/4 of my blackened mahi & basmati rice.  I have the rest for dinner tomorrow night!  I thought it was the "right" LB portion, so I just don't think I'm too tight.

Dinner was FABULOUS!  One of my coworkers from out of town was visiting for the meeting, so I took her out to dinner.  She is my friend in addition to being my coworker.  My boss & her boss went with us.  We went to a place called Rise in Dallas which is a souffle place.  We started with a cheese plate.  I LOVE stinky cheese!!  Then I had some Marshmallow soup...which turns out is tomato and carrot bisque with mini goat cheese souffles on top (I didn't eat the souffles because I would have gotten too full).  Then I had a crabmeat souffle which was so tasty!  The menu said all of the the souffles had 250-425 calories which I thought was great! 

As we were leaving, I saw a familiar woman walking toward me and I was trying to place how I knew her.  She looked in my eyes and said "hi" and as I returned with a "hi there", I realized it was Laura Bush.  Right behind her was W and I said "Hi, how ya' doin'!?"  I kid you not.  That is what I said.  Ha!  Whether you are a Bush fan or Bush hater, I think we can all agree that "Hi, how ya' doin'!?" is probably the right greeting for him.  Say what you will, but he does seem like a laid back dude.  :)  He smiled big and touched my arm and said he was doing well.  There were several (REALLY CUTE) Secret Service guys.  In retrospect, I should have paid more attention to THEM.  HAHA!  I will always be single.  In any case, I'm not a W fan, but it was so fun to run into them.  Laura looked lovely and they were absolutely delightful.  I will say they were shorter than I would have expected. 

Since I have never spoken to a former leader of the free world before, it was quite a big day! 

Hugs!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

So glad you are coming to Chicago. It is an experience you do not want to miss.

Lap Band Gal said...

cool W. story...glad that you are coming to BOOBS! :)

Amanda said...

I am a new follower!! Thanks for following my blog too!! I love the Bush story!!!!! Looking forward to getting to know you and even better meet you in Chicago!!