Ladybug

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Today Marks the Beginning of Project Weightloss - Take #2

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Yesterday was another busy day from start to finish and I was unable to check in. I have to start making that a priority each day to get myself back in the correct frame of mind. :) After work, my friend and I went out for pizza and then went to the musical Young Frankenstein. It was A LOT of fun! When I got home at 11pm, like a crazy person, I finished my book (The Mockingjay, the 3rd book of the Hunger Games). What an amazing trilogy! If you like to read, I highly recommend them.

Today I go for my refill which means a couple of things. First, I can't eat today. After not censoring my food choices for several weeks, this is going to be my first challenge. My tummy is already protesting. After my coffee, I will have my smoothie. It is my first one in a LONG time so I'm looking forward to it. I have some chicken broth for lunch and pudding and applesauce for snacks. I just have to get to 2pm so I can head to the doc. Post fill, I shouldn't be so hungry!

Today's refill also means that it is time to refocus. I spoke about that the other day, but it has really been on my mind. Throughout my life, the holidays have been a time for gluttony and the new year a time for self punishment. This year is quite different. Although I allowed myself leeway during the holidays, I didn't feel gluttonous. And now that it is time to get back on track, I feel invigorated, not guilty or aprehensive.

I have decided that when I reach my next big goal, I am going to reward myself with a running watch. I have made a goal of running a 10K next Spring. That gives me one year to better my 5K and get to the point where I can double it. :) I'm not a natural runner, so I'm not sure if I will even be able to run a reasonable 10K. But if I don't make the goal and give it a shot, I will never know. I have found that I do fine on a flat course, but hills are killers for me. Yesterday in my lunch workout, I walked at 3mph on the treadmill varying the incline between 5 and 15. It was amazing how easy a 5 incline was after spending a few minutes above 10!

My friend just stopped by as I was typing this and I told her that I feel like I did this time last year EXCEPT I'm so much happier because I'm starting from such a better place. I apologized to her because I told her she is going to get the obsessive me all over again. :) She is thrilled because she is fascinated by my journey. I guess I am too!

Happy Thursday All!

No comments: