Ladybug

Friday, February 18, 2011

Relief x2 and a Milestone

I feel SO MUCH better today!!  I just did not realize how much that reflux was beating me down.  I have a tendency to ignore pain, but in this instance it just made things worse.  I still have a sore on the top of my mouth from the reflux issues two nights ago.  Crazy!  Sleeping was so much easier last night and so much more restful. 

In addition to the physical relief, I'm also relieved that my restriction seems to be in place.  I had forgotten what it was like to be in that "zone"!  :)  I still have to work out, I still have to make good eating choices, but it is just so much easier without the nagging hunger ALL THE TIME!  And when you make a bad eating choice, it is easier to move past it and just do better instead of falling apart like I used to do.  Total mental relief.

The reason I blogged early today is that I'm so happy to have reached a (one of many I have) milestone.  I have only been in this size range twice as an adult.  Once around 1999, I was about 6 pounds lighter than I am now.  Today I reached the weight I was the other time in 2005/6.  I was diagnosed with sleep apnea in 2005 and started using my CPAP machine.  I was actually getting good nights' sleeps and had so much energy.  I was Jazzercising hard (no other type of exercise, but I was Jazzercising 5-7 hours a week!)  And I did Jenny Craig for about 8 weeks, I think.  I lost about 35 pounds and got to this weight and just stopped.  I had followed Jenny to the letter and it absolutely worked, but I felt so deprived that when I stopped, I practically binged for weeks.  It took about a year to gain it all back.

That is why I'm relieved (yet again) to have the Band.  I was at a plateau for months and in the past, that would have been the end and I would have started methodically marching right back from which I came.  But this time it is different.  I'm just getting restarted!  It may take me a long time to get to the 100 pound lost mark (which will be my high school graduation weight), but I WILL get there!!!

Today I caught a glimpse of myself out of the corner of my eye in a big mirrored wall at work.  I didn't even recognize myself!  YAY!!

Hugs!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You look fabulous!! Congrats on hitting a milestone and I know you can get to where you want to be! We all can! Keep it up!!!!

Stacey said...

Glad you are feeling better! Reflux is awful, I used to have it before surgery and I was up all hours of the night trying to find relief.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your prayers, it really helps me feel better!