Ladybug

Friday, February 25, 2011

Cowtown, Sleep and BYOC

Tomorrow is the Cowtown 5K and I'm excited!  I'm running with my friend's 15 year old daughter.  Tonight I'm picking up Kat and her brother Thomas and we are going to go pick up our packets for the race.  Then we will join my BFF Cori for dinner after.  I'm still committed to my two week food focus (thank goodness since it is only day #2!!) so hopefully I can steer them somewhere I can get something tasty AND healthy.  I will make it work.


Speaking of my food focus, today I am having my leftover Olive Garden for lunch.  Turns out my crew went to Boston Market, so I could have eaten healthy out, but I'm proud of myself for eating (AND ENJOYING) my leftovers.  Baby steps.  By the time I leave here today, I will be under 1000 calories for the day.  So as long as I don't go crazy for dinner and eat a Blizzard or something, I should be fine.

** Good News Alert **  I spoke with my sleep doctor's office over the phone yesterday and they told me that there is no need for me to come in to the office, because I NO LONGER HAVE A DIAGNOSIS OF SLEEP APNEA!  Can I get a "what, what"?  I don't even really know what to do.  Ha!  I'm no longer sleeping on my CPAP.  YAY!  I have a really hard time falling asleep, but I think as I get used to it, that will fade.  I think I snore during REM sleep, but I'm hoping that additional weight loss will help that as well.  Now I will say that I believe that the tonsillectomy had as much to do with this as my weight loss and it certainly makes that whole experience worthwhile.  I'm very pleased that many of my health woes are fading!!


I think almost all of my followers are familiar with BYOC.  But for the few of you that arent...Drazil is a kickass blogger (that you should be following anyway.)  :)  Every Friday Drazil posts 5 questions for us all to cut and paste to our blogs to share and learn about each other.  She calls it Bring Your Own Crazy and I'm down with it!

1.  Are you a heavy or light sleeper?
  • Interesting question.  I seem to sleep through most disasters, so I'm going to say that I'm a heavy sleeper.  Although there are some things that are so minor, yet they wake me up.  Based on the results of my sleep study, I wonder if I'm a light sleeper during REM, but heavy during deep sleep.  It's hard to completely know when you live by yourself.
2.  If you were made into a pofessor for a day, what topic would you lecture on?
  • Most of my family are educators.  Mom, Dad, aunts, uncles, cousins...all in education.  So, naturally it was something I thought about in college.  But I don't have the patience for it.  If I were to be a professor for a day, I think it would be about history.  I love history!  I'm such a nerd and I love to fill my head with all sorts of interesting things. 
3.  What's a skill you've always wanted that you don't currently have?
  • I wish I could dance.  Not just keep a beat type dance, but So You Think You Can Dance type dancing.  When I was little and everyone was dreaming of becoming a famous singer, I would  fantasize about being a dancer.  In my mind, there was this thing called the American Dance Team that would travel and do shows and I was one of the stars.  :)  I'm not sure that I have ever told anyone about that.  HA!
4.  Have you ever been in a real cat fight?
  • My first elementary school (yeah, you read that right) was on the wrong side of the tracks.  My friend Shanna got into an argument with a couple of girls that turned into a "meet at Lester Square Park after school" sort of thing for the whole class.  I was delayed but when I got there Shanna had gone and her grandmother had ran off many of the kids.  But there we some left and ready to take out their anger on someone and I was her best friend and the next option.  I was holding my own against one of the girls and one of the boys, but then an older boy picked me up and threw me on my bicycle.  OUCH.  I realized at that point I was more of a lover than a fighter and pretty much avoided confrontation that could get physical after that.
5.  Repeat question:  Summarize your week in real life and in blog land.
  • Blogland is super fun for me.  I'm excited about going to BOOBs and am just trying to sort out the roommate situation.  I've pretty much stopped watching TV because I'm keeping up with all of your fun postings.  That's a good thing! 
  • Real life is good too.  After the 5K tomorrow, I'm going to rest up.  Then my BFF Cori and I are gong to see a musical that is a spoof of a Golden Girls episode done by guys in drag.  That should be interesting!  Then on Sunday, we are going with our friend Ben to a much more classic play that his niece is in.  Lots of theater this weekend!  I'm two days in to my 14 day food focus committment.  So far, so good.  One day at a time!
Hugs!

3 comments:

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Aww - thanks for the compliment! And OMG - no more sleep problems! HEll to the yah! Good luck at the race.

Liz said...

That is AWESOME about the no more sleep apnea!!! I was hoping for that for you.

Stephanie M. said...

Congratulations, and you have inspired me! I called my doctor's office and asked them to schedule me for a sleep study retest to see if I still need my CPAP. I hope I have the same wonderful result!