Ladybug

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Glad to have such issues...

Thursday, January 13, 2011

One of the issues with a rapidly changing body is that I don't always have the most appropriate outfit for every occassion. Most of my adult life I spent as an 18W. There were a couple of times I got smaller and a couple times bigger, but I would say 80% was spent fitting into that size. So I had EVERYTHING! I had great career clothes...beautiful suits, blouses for every season, business casual to formal businesswear...I was covered. I also had casualwear, activewear, swimwear, underclothes, pajama's...EVERYTHING! I love clothes and I loved to look good even when I didn't feel good about my body.

Now, I'm starting to feel GOOD about my body! I can see muscle tone. My flab is decreasing. I just fit better in my skin. But my 18W wardrobe is long gone. I'm not complaining at all. I would choose to be a regular size 16 rather than 18W any day, but I can't deny that I don't have the options in my closet that I once did. I have purchased clothing as I have dropped pounds, but it is casual to business casual. I limit my purchases to what I can wear to work and what I wear on the weekends.

I have to testify in a hearing in court in Annapolis, MD next week for work. The jeans and blouses that I wear to work daily are not appropriate. I have no desire to buy a suit for a size 16 body when I plan to be a size 12 body the next time I would need one. I could probably get by with a dress and sweater, but I still may go shopping for a blazer this weekend. If I could find an inexpensive black blazer, i could pair is with a dress and could trasform it into more of a suit type look.

Regardless of what I decide, it will be fine. I'm not going to spend $100+ on something I won't wear again and I'm not going to sweat it. Honestly, as sad as it is, I think I would cause less attention being smaller and dressed less businesslike, than being big and dressed to the nines in a perfect suit. (Sidenote: I had a grey suit with blue pinstripes that had a trendy belted jacket and was SO sleek. I never got to wear it. I bought it and promptly gained a bunch of weight. As I was losing the weight, my company had shifted to jeans and a more casual atmosphere. So, I passed it right on by... Sniff.)

Oh well, soon enough I will be at or near goal and I can start stocking up my wardrobe again. This is a small, small price to pay for the joys of obtaining a healthy life and smaller body!!

Hope your week is going well!

No comments: