Ladybug

Monday, February 21, 2011

Funky Monday

It's Monday morning and time for my weekly weigh in!  Just like every other Monday morning, my weight spiked 3.6 pounds from my lowest earlier in the week.  Isn't that nuts?  But I figure that a 2-4 pound spike happens every Monday, so whatever.  :)  I was down 6 tenths this week, which is less than I want, but as long as it is going in the right direction, I will take it.  According to Jax (my Body Bugg), I should have lost another half a pound.  Hopefully it will all shake out by next week. 

I try not to get to focused on the numbers.  My body seems to fluctuate SO MUCH from day to day, so I'm learning to just chillax and do what I'm supposed to do.  Sometimes that works.  Ha!  My clothes are definitely fitting differently.  Everything is much looser on me and I can tell my skin is starting to hang some.  Don't love the hangy skin, but I do love that it means that I'm losing fat!  I just have to keep remembering that it is a marathon! 

I'm now in the very smallest range I have been as an adult.  My body doesn't know what it is like to be smaller than this, so I just have to continue to be patient!

I know part of the problem is that I'm in a little bit of a funk.  I mentioned before that a couple very close to me is having problems with their marriage.  Well, that saga continues and as much as I try to tell myself that there is nothing I can do and it is NOT my cross to bear, it still breaks my heart.  I want to scream at them to grow up and let go of their selfish pride.  But who am I?  I'm single and always have been.  How do I know that I wouldn't react the exact same way if put in their shoes?  Sigh.  I just know how hard being single can be too.  Not harder than being married...just a different kind of hard.  And add to that being a single parent.  Ugh.

Okay...I'm letting that go for today.  Tonight I'm having a sleep study.  I was diagnosed with sleep apnea in 2005 and I've slept on a CPAP every since.  After many weight changes and a tonsillectomy, my 5+ year old machine is biting the dust.  It will be interesting to see how (if) my diagnosis has changed.

Hugs!

P.S.  Oh yeah...I have totally committed to going to BOOBs 2.0.  I'm very excited and will start keeping an eye out for cheap flights to Chicago!!

6 comments:

Barbara said...

hi BethAnn...you will have such a good time with the BOOBS group, I promise. Don't fret too much about the bouncy weight.. what I tried to do was focus on how many carbs or sodium content.. and set goals on how much I really wanted to take in each day.. once I did that the scale really started to move.. hang in there..

Janelle said...

Good luck on your sleep study. My weight fluctuates a lot, also, so I try not to worry too much about it as long as it is trending down!

Debi said...

I am with you on the fluctuation! I fluctuated up this week :( Not that I don't know why ... but still stinks.

Heather said...

I will be interested to know how the sleep study turns out. My brother passed away due to sleep apnea this year, and I am interested if the change in weight really helps! Good luck on the study!

Bonnie said...

It is hard to watch people you care about going through a hard time. Hope they pull it together. Maybe you should tell them to grow up - in a nice way, of course. Sometimes a reality check is necessary.

Liz said...

Hi Beth Ann,

Looking forward to meeting you at BOOBS 2.0!!!

Liz