Ladybug

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Back of the Jumpstart - Week 1 Curve

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I have been talking this week about my 8 week, 3 point plan (which I have nicknamed JUMPSTART) to get myself moving in the right direction. The right direction being DOWN the scale!

1. Logging food. I started using Sparkpeople.com from a referral because they have a Blackberry app. It is easy to use and it seems to have a large database of food which makes things easier. I have been logging everything I eat since Saturday.

2. Exercise twice a week during lunch. I already do Jazzercise 2-4 times a week, but I wanted to add something a little different that wouldn't make my feet or knees hurt worse. We have a gym in my building at work and a couple of coworkers have committed to going with me 2 times each week for 8 weeks. I went yesterday and today and I have to admit that it gives me a lot of energy for the afternoon.

3. Get a personal trainer. I want to increase muscle strength and flexibility in order to maximize the time I do spend on cardio. I signed up with 24 Hour Fitness last night and meet with my new trainer Bruce tonight. I throrougly explained my position and my goals and we seemed to get along very well. I ordered 23 sessions with is 7 more than my plan (2x per week for 8 weeks = 16), but I got three of those free and I thought I could go once a week for several weeks after my Jumpstart program.

I plan to go to Jazzercise tomorrow evening and my 2nd training session is Friday. With my Saturday morning Jazzercise class, that will make 6 hours of dedicated exercise this week.

I'm about 1/2 done with Week #1! I can do it!!

No comments: