Ladybug

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Today was a very bad day, but now I have a plan!

Monday, March 8, 2010

I guess I didn't really know what Bandster Hell was until today. I stepped on the scales for my weekly weigh-in and I was .2 pounds up. I know that doesn't seem like a lot, but I was .6 pounds up last week, so I am definitely moving in the WRONG direction.

I have been eating in a way (calorie-wise) that would have produced results in the past. Now...not so much. Plus, I worked out 4 times last week. And not just "activity" work outs...hard, high intensity work outs.

I had myself a nice little pity party on the way to work. Unfortunately, my mom had to attend the party because I talk to her during my commute. I'm not good with these types of parties, for myself or anyone else, so as soon as I got to work...I made a plan. I always feel better when I have a plan.

Step 1: I honestly don't know how much effect I can have on my "diet" until my next fill which is 3/22. So, I'm going to do that which I hate and LOG EVERYTHING. UGH. Seriously, I hate it. But I can't deal with these types of results until I hit my sweet spot. If I log my food, I will have one of two results. 1. It will turn out that I am indeed fooling myself and there are changes to be made. 2. I'm doing everything I need to do and will get some sort of weird satisfaction in showing my nurse. Heh.

Step 2: Additionally, I have gotten a couple of co-workers to work out with me (elliptical) at lunch two days a week. This is HUGE for me. I hate staying in for lunch. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY hate staying in for lunch. I'm a single girl who lives by myself and lunch is one of my only social interactions. But I recognize that in the short term, I need to make a committment to this. So, I'm planning to do this 2 days a week for 8 weeks.

Step 3: I'm getting a personal trainer. I go to Jazzercise 2-4 times per week. I get a fantastic work out from Jazzercise, but it is hell on my feet. I think it will always hurt, but if I lost 50 pounds, I bet it would start huring less!! Anyway...I can't add Jazzercise classes because my feet will fall off. I thought I would try more muscle building so I can burn fat faster. I have had issues with hurting my back in the past, so I want to work out with a personal trainer to try and keep that from happening. That would just not be helpful at all. I meet with someone at the gym tomorrow at 7:30 PM after my Jazzercise class.

I am committing to 8 weeks (through the end of April) to give myself a good jumpstart. I cannot yet say what I will do after that, but that is not the point. Short term committment. 8 weeks.

I can do this!

No comments: